SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar products and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda and Kenya. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 49 branches throughout Uganda, 12 more branches in Kenya, and employs over 800 people. Our company aims to be client centric and a leading brand. In sales, we transform the lives of satisfied clients with motivated professional staff. We target the right persons, with the right product, at the right place with the right message. Our message follows our economic and inspirational brand personality: make money and power your life!
Recently SolarNow has included agricultural equipment under their agricultural product range, such as solar irrigation cooling solutions.
You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You are a sales and marketing champion with a proven track record in advising technical solutions to farmers. You love enabling the society around you by providing services and products that have an impact in the agricultural sector. You are a self-starter, can work with minimal supervision. You do not compromise on quality and expect the very best of yourself and others around you. You are creative and are able to ask the right questions, leading to deep understanding of SolarNow’s potential clients.
The Agricultural Sales Engineer (ASE) is responsible for designing, selling, and installing SolarNow’s agricultural product line, specifically the larger, more complex systems, such as large water pump solutions, drip irrigation solutions, and cooling solutions. Furthermore, the ASE is responsible for supporting branches in achieving their Agri-sales targets through branch trainings, and on the job training of Agri-product site surveys and installations. The ASE will guide Branch Managers in implementing innovative Agri marketing and sales strategies in their respective branch areas. The ASE is responsible for realizing Agri sales targets in line with SolarNow’s growth strategy. Furthermore, the ASE shall track client satisfaction and
build strong partnerships with key players in the agricultural sector to boost the promotion and sales of the agricultural products and services.
In summary, the Agri-Sales Engineer will ensure that:
- Sales and productivity targets are hit consistently within his/her territory
- New Agri-partnerships are developed within his/her territory
- Agricultural client´s satisfaction targets are achievedthrough the delivery of high quality irrigation solutions
About the position
Reports to: Agricultural Sales Operations Manager
Suggested start date: 1st April 2020
Vacancies : 3 positions
|Marketing performance||– Identifying potential agri-market segments for SolarNow branch areas|
– Execute innovative marketing strategies for SolarNow’s agri-product range
– Support branch managers in implementing the marketing strategies for the agri-product range
|l Agri-marketing strategy is developed|
l Quarterly agri-marketing activities are carried out for each branch
l Branches receive a monthly agri-support visit
|Sales Productivity||– Technical advice to SolarNow clients and quality assurance on agri-products|
– Piloting and roll out of new agri-products within SolarNow’s branch network.
– Ensure the productivity targets are met through executing in a timely matterthe sales and marketing strategy.
|l Overall SolarNow agri-sales targets are achieved|
l 3 agri-partnerships are achieved on a yearly base
l At least 1 monthly large-scale irrigation solution is sold and implemented
|Client Satisfaction||– Ensure that client satisfaction at every touch point of the Customer Journey is high in order to obtain more referrals.||l Monthly credit collection assessments|
l Yearly client satisfaction assessments
ualifications and competencies
- Bachelor or Master Degree in: Agricultural mechanization, Irrigation, Engineering, or similar fieldpreferably from Busitema University
- Up to 3 years’ experiencein designing, selling and installing agricultural equipment solutions, specifically irrigation solutions.
- In-depth understanding of the agriculturalsector in Uganda
- Wide network in the agricultural sector
- Competence in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Competence in design software application
- A passion for agriculture and technology
- Ability to train and coach SolarNow staff and agri-clients.
- Independent and self-driven
- People manager and excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal).
Suitable candidates should send their Application letters, CVs and copies of their academic documents to email@example.com not later than 13th March 2020. Use the title of the job you are applying for as the subject line. Shortlisting will be done as and when the applications come in.
Release date: 3rd March, 2020
Closing date : 13th March 2020
Contact : Human Resources