The job holder will implement the product, brand and hub & spoke marketing activities, drive brand awareness across various segments & products and partner with in-country P&L owners to support in attaining Uganda proﬁtability and revenue targets. The ideal candidate is someone with extensive experience in product, brand, consumer and trade marketing and in-trade execution in Uganda coupled with the ability to establish strong relationships at all levels throughout the organization as well as support sales department in multiple locations and diversiﬁed cultures.
You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You are a sales and marketing champion with a proven track record in selling asset. You love enabling the society around you by providing services and products that have an impact in the community. You are a self-starter, can work with minimal supervision. You do not compromise on quality
and expect the very best of yourself and others around you. You are creative and are able to ask the right questions, leading to deep understanding of SolarNow’s potential clients.
About the position
Reports to: Senior Brand Manager
Vacancies : 2 positions
- Monitoring the P&L especially revenue and GMs for the category/segment
- Responsible for 0-12months forecast and sales delivery
- Budget development and management for each segment
- Responsible for New Product Development, launches and relaunches from research and insights.
- Ensure a single-minded communication message is created for all campaigns in line with the communication plan, consistent with segment needs.
- Identify & clearly define the key segment and customer risks / opportunities generating the relevant insight needed to resolve these
- Lead the segment planning process across segments, highlighting growth opportunities and identifying business targets through segment, customer & market analysis
- Carrying out market research in order to keep up to date with customer trends, as well as trying to predict future trends
- Developing strategies and managing marketing campaigns across print, broadcast and online platforms to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations and to build the credibility of brands
- Analysing the success of marketing campaigns and creating reports
- Supervising advertising, product design and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in branding
- Organising events such as product launches, exhibitions and photo shoots.
Qualifications and competencies
- Degree in Business related fields
- 3-4years experience in related role
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to manage and allocate budgets
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and an understanding of market research
Suitable candidates should send their Application letters, CVs and copies of their academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th March 2020. Use the title of the job you are applying for as the subject line.
Release date: 3rd March, 2020
Title position : Brand Manager
Closing date : 13th March 2020
Contact : Human Resources