SolarNow is hiring a Client Service Officer (CSO) for the following branches:
The CSO will be responsible for the identification of potential SolarNow clients, educating the clients on SolarNow products, sizing of the solar needs and advising the client on which products to get, afterwards after sales service for the rest of the duration of the contract with the client. The person will work closely with the credit officers and other support functions to ensure they are continuously acquiring new clients hence expanding their client portfolio and they are maintaining their client portfolio by closely monitoring it to ensure clients are paying on time.
About the market More than 500 million people across sub-Sahara Africa lack access to electricity and the International Energy Agency expects that number to increase to 700 million by 2030. Off-grid solar power is often the only viable answer. In counties like Uganda and Kenya, where less than 20% of the population have a grid connection, there is an undeniable potential for solar to leapfrog traditional energy provision models. Affordability, perceptions of low quality and the absence of last-mile distribution and maintenance networks are curtailing development.
About SolarNow To tackle this, SolarNow sells quality solar products and suitable applications- from small (50wp) household systems capable of powering a radio, phone and small number of lights to medium size (3kwp) systems that can power offices, schools and machinery. Increasingly SolarNow is also catering to the needs of the off-grid farmers by providing irrigation solutions. SolarNow provides credit and service that allows customers to spread payments over 24 months and receive service for 5 years. The company has over 1,000 employees and an extensive network of 50 branches in Uganda and 15 branches in Western Kenya. There are concrete plans to expand within and beyond these territories.
About you You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You are a sales and marketing champion with a proven track record in selling and also credit portfolio monitoring. You love enabling the society around you by providing services and products that have an impact in the community. You are a self starter, can work with minimal supervision. You do not compromise on quality and expect the very best of yourself and others around you. You are creative and are able to ask the right questions, leading to deep understanding of SolarNow’s potential clients.
About the position Reports to: Branch Manager (Of the Specific Branch you will work in); Suggested start date: Immediately Specific Responsibilities
- Market SolarNow products to individuals and firms, promoting SolarNow services that meet customers needs. Work with potential clients to identify their energy needs and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Scan and analyse your assigned region for potential SolarNow product markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for potential solar system needs.
- Identify and meet with SolarNow potential clients to obtain information for potential solar system needs and answer questions about the process of acquiring one.
- Explain to clients the different types of solar products and services that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Analyse SolarNow potential clients financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting potential solar system on credit or cash sale
- Review and update potential application forms, order forms and credit assessment forms to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy hence delivering to the right client.
- Submit applications to credit officers for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Continue to nature and monitor your client portfolio to ensure credit arrangement adherence and quality after sales services are achieved.
Qualifications and competencies
- Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field of studies;
- Proven track record of success in sales and marketing.
- At least 2 years’ experience in selling fixed assets or loans on cash and credit terms.
- Confident, driven and a self-starter.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to spot original branding opportunities;
- At least 2 years of sales and marketing experience (experience in preferred work location is an added advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team.
- High level of oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in sales and Marketing in the solar industry, banking and microfinance is highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is recommended.
Compensation and benefits
- Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org