Release date: 1 June 2022
Title position: Business Development Executive (C&I)
Closing date: 1 July 2022
Contact: Human Resources
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should access clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will be responsible for the origination and contracting new business in small-scale C&I (5-150kW) and Agri sectors. The candidate will have a good understanding of the solar market in Kenya and a proven track record in sales of small C&I projects and/or Agri water pump solutions. The BDE will collaborate closely with the Engineering and Customer Support teams.
• Developing a pipeline of opportunities in the small C&I and Agri systems range
• Driving B2B solar sales in the region by developing new business leads while monitoring progress
• Building and managing relationships with clients, partners, and sales agents.
• Managing sales inquiries in the region, preparing proposals and presentations.
• Meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets while growing sales month by month
• Managing logistics of systems and other components to partners and customers in the region
• Supporting customer data collection by capturing and feedback on customer experience insights
• Supporting design and delivery of solutions, marketing materials, and regional campaigns.
• Surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors and proposing interventions.
Business-related diploma or degree in Sales and Marketing or Solar PV systems.
Strong team player who can take the initiative and work independently
Technical knowledge of Solar PV systems (Off-grid, On-grid, and Hybrid Solar and/or Agri pumping systems)
At least three years of experience and a proven track record working in a similar or solar sales-related role.
Candidates residing in the respective areas – Nairobi, North Rift (Eldoret), and Central (Nyeri)
Job Regions: Nairobi, North Rift – Eldoret / Nakuru, Central – Nyeri / Meru
Salary Guide: Negotiable + Variable pay: Commission against closed deals.
Employment type: Full-time
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications on a first-come, first-serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate be found.
Please use the subject on email applications: “Application for Business Development Executive – “Your Name.”