Title position: Manager- HR (1 Position)
Closing date: 1st July, 2022
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should have access to clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has, in the last 11 years, evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
The Human Resources Manager will oversee the day-to-day HR tasks, including but not limited to recruitment and hiring, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits, and compliance with all applicable local Labour laws and regulations regarding employment practices. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, supervisory techniques, and rules of personnel management and human resources development programs.
Recruitment, Training and Career Development
• Develop and manage job descriptions for all employees
• Lead recruitment and onboarding of new employees
• Develop coaching and training programs; You will oversee the Implementation of targeted training and coaching programs that help employees to grow their knowledge and skills
• Establish career paths that set a framework for personal growth and long-term organizational succession
• Establish and maintain a staff development program through training and coaching
Performance and Talent Management
• Develop and coordinate all performance management programs to ensure employees understand
job responsibilities and are assessed on performance regularly.
Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll
• Preparation of monthly payroll
• Develop and manage the company salary structure, pay policies, and the variable pay systems within the company, including bonuses and raises.
• Lead competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain talented people.
People management policies and processes
• Develop and manage all Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and ensure compliance with local labor laws.
• Communicate and enforce Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
• Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote high employee morale and motivation.
• Work with group operations team to understand key drivers of employee engagement/satisfaction and implement solutions to address existing gaps
• Establish relevant employee recognition programs.
About the position
Reports to: Country Director-Uganda
Location: Kansanga, Kampala, Uganda
Start date: 1st Aug, 2022
Qualifications and competencies
You must be a graduate (preferably Masters) from a reputed university with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing HR-related work in a reputed company. Working knowledge of human resource information systems (HRIS) and strong organizational, problem-solving, and administrative skills are essential for this position. Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Seniority Level – Manager
Employment type– Full-time
Job functions– HR
Compensation and benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications based on a first-come, first-serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate have been found. On email applications, please use the following subject: “Application for Manager- HR– “Your Name.