Release date: 06th June, 2022
Title position: Sales engineer (1 Position)
Closing date: 1 July, 2022
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should access clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has, in the last 11 years, evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
The Sales Engineer will oversee the organization’s objectives through the sale and after-sale services to achieve a satisfied client portfolio. On a daily bases, the Sales Engineer will sell and service solar energy projects in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry. Excellent customer experience, a proven capability to engage in corporate business discussions, and a solid network of potential buyers are fundamental parts of the role. The Sales Engineer will collaborate with other departments to ensure the company’s sustainability, engage in training activities, scope solar markets, and provide the necessary reporting to the supervisors and the customers.
• Develop a pipeline of potential corporate customers through marketing the company’s services and identifying virgin business segments.
• Collaborate with senior engineers in generating solar project proposals per the company’s policies and best practices in the industry.
• Support in Energy Assessments for potential clients or under consultancies to identify the load profile and deliver commercially viable proposals.
• Be part of the technical team to install solar systems while following safety & installation practices in line with local & international standards and company policies.
• Provide user training and installation reports and schedule preventive maintenance visits.
• Ensure complete customer satisfaction before commissioning and handing over the project.
• Manage relationships with existing customers, including but not limited to timely and professional responsiveness in case of reported system failures to provide grounds for future business opportunities.
• Ensure the proper administrative support by providing accountability for the facilitation and adequate filing for all the documentation.
• Engage in all activities organized by SolarNow to promote teamwork and harmony in the organization.
About the position
Reports to: C&I manager
Location: Kansanga, Kampala, Uganda
Start date: 1st Aug, 2022
Qualifications and competencies
• Engineering degree from a reputable university
• Minimum 1 year of experience selling solar projects on and off the grid.
• Holder of a Z permit from ERA or any relevant certification is an added advantage.
• Microsoft office software competency. Knowledge of Autocad and solar design software is an added advantage
• High integrity, timekeeping, result-oriented, and ability to deliver with minimum input and supervision.
• Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Seniority Level: Junior
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Sales engineer
Compensation and benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications on a first-come, first-serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate has been found.
On email applications, please use the following subject: “Application for Sales engineer – “Your Name.”